Car Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 Is The Year of the Car

Go down

2008 Is The Year of the Car Empty 2008 Is The Year of the Car

Post  chorizo Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 am

I didn't know that this year is the year of the car. I bet you didn't know that either. I knew about it just awhile ago while I was looking for spare auto body parts. Check this news from The Auto Channel.

On September 16, 1908, Billy Durant founded General Motors. Two weeks later, Henry Ford sold his first Model T. The "2008: Year of the Car" is a summer-long auto-tourism festival in southeastern Michigan to celebrate these momentous centennials and offer residents and tourists an unprecedented palette of auto-themed attractions.

Year of the Car launches in conjunction with National Transportation Week on May 10, 2008 and concludes five months later with the Automotive Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies in early October. In between, Year of the Car links more than 100 activities at nearly 60 different locations, giving residents and tourists many never-before-offered automotive experiences.

Year of the Car is a collaborative effort being organized and sponsored by MotorCities National Heritage Area, an affiliate of the National Park Service, dedicated to preserving, interpreting and promoting the automotive heritage of Michigan. Additional Year of the Car partners include Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, The Henry Ford, Travel Michigan, and dozens of other organizations that celebrate automotive heritage throughout the region.

chorizo

Back to top Go down